When considering an assisted living community or complex you want to ask specific questions so that you know that your loved one is well taken care of in a facility that is properly maintained. Here is a great evaluation checklist and questions to ask when you call or visit.
- What is your staff to resident ratio?
- What type of training does your staff possess?
- How many overnight staff do you maintain?
- Are any of the staff qualified nurses and do you have a nurse 24 hours a day?
- Will your staff administer medications?
- What type of units are currently available?
- What is the monthly cost per unit?
- Is there a wait list?
- What is your discharge policy?
- What types of activities are scheduled on a daily basis?
- Are there any fees not included in the monthly price?
- Is there an initial assessment?
- How do you handle payment policies and billing?
- May I have references?
- Do you have experience with [your loved one’s needs]
All of these questions help to make an informed decision on the best needs for your loved one are family member. For more information feel free to give us a call at any time for assisted living facilities in Vancouver Washington and Portland Oregon.